The City Secretary's Office typically makes available a candidate's packet to acquaint candidates with applicable requirements for the City's election. For the May 6, 2017 municipal election, candidate packets will be available beginning January 9, 2017. The candidate's packet is not required in order to prepare to run for municipal office and is provided as a tool to assist those interested in running for municipal office.
The first day to file for a place on the ballot for the May 6, 2017 municipal election is Wednesday, January 18, 2017 and the last day is Friday, February 17, 2017 at 5:00 p.m. at the Municipal Center [City Hall], 211 North Henry Street in Lancaster.
For more information, contact the City Secretary's Office at 972-218-1310 or Email.
Lancaster Independent School District Election
General Election Information
Lancaster Independent School District
Upcoming Municipal Elections
The term of office for the Mayor and Council members is 3 years. Upcoming elections:
- 2018 - Municipal Election for Mayoral
- 2019 - Municipal Election for City Council Districts 1, 3, and 5
Qualifying for Office
Candidates for the office of Mayor and Council member must meet the following requirements:
- Candidates must meet state requirements
- Candidates must be qualified voter of the City of Lancaster
- Candidate must have or will have resided in the City of Lancaster and the district (for council members) for a least 1 year immediately preceding the date of the municipal election.
Application, Forms, & Petition
The following must be completed by the candidate:
- Application for a place on the ballot
- Declaration of residency forms
- Prescribed petition form with 25 valid signatures - the signers of the petition must be residents qualified to vote in the district in which the candidate is seeking office
Candidate Packet Availability
The City Secretary’s Office makes available a candidate’s packet to acquaint candidates with applicable requirements for the City’s election. The candidate’s packet is not required in order to prepare to run for municipal office and is provided as a tool to assist those interested in running for municipal office.
For more information, contact the City Secretary's Office at 972-218-1310 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Lancaster Independent School District Election Notice Cancelling the May 6th General Election
Cancellation Notice - Spanish