My car has been impounded. What should I do?
Vehicles are stored at 24-Hour Wrecker's impound facility. If you are the registered owner, you can go directly to the pound and show them proof of ownership in the form of a registration or title.

If you are not the registered owner, you can come by the Police Department 24/7 to obtain a release. You must show a valid drivers license and proof of insurance, and you will need to show an authorization from the registered owner to release the vehicle to you.

In cases where the owner is in a jail, that jail will have to be contacted and may be able to assist in getting a release signed.

A supervisor will check to ensure that all of the paperwork is satisfactory and will then authorize the vehicle release. At that time, you can go to the auto pound at 616 N. Jefferson and pay the fees.

24-Hour Wrecker can be contacted at (972) 227-5188.

Show All Answers

1. Do I have to pay for accident / offense reports?
2. Do I have to register my burglar alarm?
3. Will the Police Department do fingerprints for the public?
4. Where do I file a complaint or a commendation regarding police department employees?
5. Where do I pay fines for citations? How many days to I have to take care of a citation?
6. Who do I contact for employment with the Police Department?
7. My car has been impounded. What should I do?
8. Where is the Lancaster Jail located and does the Police Department accept checks or credit cards for payment of bonds in the jail?
9. Does the Police Department unlock vehicles?
10. Will the Lancaster Police Department unlock my house if I lock myself out?
11. Where do I obtain / renew my Texas driver license?
12. What do I do I have become a victim of identity theft / fraud?
13. Does the City of Lancaster have a curfew for minors?
14. Do I have to pay for an accident/offense report?