Have you ever noticed how challenging it is to walk through a swimming pool? The constant resistance provided by the water makes water aerobics a great course for all fitness levels. It is low-impact, yet it increases stamina and strength. Register monthly to save money, or pay a daily drop-in fee of $5-$7.
Classes are offered in the morning and evening:
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 9:00 am - 10:00 am, $30/month
- Saturday, 9:00 am - 9:45 am, $15/month
- Monday - Thursday, 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm, $40/month
Lifeguard Certification CourseBecome a certified lifeguard through this American Red Cross Lifeguard Training certification program. You will be trained by an experienced instructor to act with speed and confidence in emergency situations both in and out of the water. Topics include water rescue skills, surveillance and recognition, first aid, breathing and cardiac emergencies, CPR, AED and more. Certified lifeguards are always high on the help-wanted list, so dive in and launch your aquatic career!
- Be at least 15 years old
- Swim 100 yards continuously (freestyle or breaststroke only)
- Tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs
- Complete a timed event within 1 minute, 40 seconds
- Starting in the water, swim 20 yards
- Surface dive to retrieve a 10 pound object
- Surface and swim 20 yards back with both hands holding the object
- Exit the water without using a ladder or steps
Call 972-218-3700 for class schedule.