Christmas Parade & Festival
Annual Christmas Parade
The parade takes place the second Saturday in December. It begins at Beverly D. Humphrey Tiger Stadium and travels south on Dallas Avenue, concluding on Cedar Street.
The parade entry fee is donation of a new unwrapped toy or at least 5 non-perishable food items that will be collected at the mandatory parade meeting. Parade spectators are encouraged to line the route with their lawn chairs to watch the procession as educational, social, civic and business organizations as well as residents all join together to celebrate the holidays.
Immediately following the parade, join us at the Historic Town Square where we will kick off this year’s Christmas Festival. There will be games, pictures with Santa, puppet shows, live performances, and more! In the event of inclement weather, the Festival will be moved to the Recreation Center.
- All entries are required to attend a mandatory parade meeting usually held the Thursday before the parade.
- Entry will be from 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. traveling southbound on Dallas Avenue from Beverly D. Humphrey Tiger Stadium, concluding on Cedar Street. Prior to the parade, you will be provided a designated time to arrive and location for your entry. All individuals and vehicles associated with your entry must check in together.
- The parade will begin promptly at 1:00 p.m.
- Once the parade has begun, please do not stop until the conclusion of the parade.
- Judging will take place along the parade route and winners will be awards will be presented at the City Council Meeting on Monday, December 10th. at 7:00 p.m.
- One banner preceding your entry is allowed; there is no size limit. There is no limit to the number of banners that can be attached to the entry.
- Entries may be sponsored by a for-profit business; however, the entry may not be used primarily for advertising purposes and must be in keeping with the spirit of the parade and theme.
- Children under 13 years of age must be adequately supervised from the parade lineup to completion.
- All motorized equipment must be clean and in good working condition. All vehicles must maintain a safe distance of at least 20 ft. between units.
- Use live music when possible. No amplified music is permitted (small portable sound systems are allowed).
- Pursuant to the City ordinance # 2004-06-18, and for the safety of the spectators, throwing candy is prohibited. Those wishing to distribute candy must walk along-side parade route.
- All participants must dress appropriately. Shoes and shirts are required. No clothing that makes mention of or reference to any obscenities, sexually explicit material and/or drugs. Appropriateness is at the discretion of staff.
- Please refrain from the inclusion of live Santa costumes, as this can confuse child spectators.
- All parade entries must submit a parade application to the Community Relations Division by 5:00 p.m. on the Monday, December 3rd.
Parking for Parade
AwardsJudging will take place along the parade route and winners will be awards will be presented at the City Council Meeting on Monday, December 10th. at 7:00 p.m.
- Best Holiday Themed Entry
- Best Performance Group
- Best Entry-Business
- Best Entry - Organization (Churches, Civic Groups, Etc.)