The Civil Service Commission is established under Chapter 143 of the Texas Local Government Code. This commission shall adopt rules necessary for the proper conduct of commission business, and publish lists for classification and seniority lists for the fire and Police Departments.
Members The Civil Service Commission has 3 members appointed to staggered 3-year terms with the term of 1 member expiring each year.
A person appointed to the commission must:
1) be of good moral character;
2) be a United States citizen;
3) be a resident of the municipality who has resided in the municipality for more than 3 years;
4) be over 25 years of age; and
5) not have held a public office within the preceding 3 years.
Fourth Thursday of each month
Shall meet each January, two times a year and as needed.
Agendas and Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.